- 2000: Taught myself to write HTML and CSS so I could build geocities sites about my virtual ‘dogz’ 🐶
- February 2018: Finally realised I could learn how to code for real, quit my candy making career and started a 12 week web development bootcamp at General Assembly 🍬
- June 2018: Started as a Junior Front-End Web Developer at Finder 👩🏻💻
- September 2019: Promoted to Engineer 🎉
- August 2020: Joined the Editor Fundamentals team at Atlassian 🥳
Things I’ve worked on
- Cypress tests for editor functionality to allow manual testing time to be spent on more complex scenarios
- Improvements to lists in the cloud editor
- Design Ops: as a team we refreshed the navigation, page templates, side bar and more, giving the whole site a fresh new look and improved user experience. The page templates we created and rolled out across the site reduced bounce rate by ~25%.
- Gutenberg CMS: building ‘blocks’ (components) for the new WordPress editor, using a hybrid renderer that renders Wordpress content in a Next.JS front-end.
- Engineering diversity working group.
- Finder Tech Blog.
- Web accessibility learning breaks.
- Helped propose and implement web accessibility standards.
When I'm not at a computer
You'll usually find me going on walks with Lexi the Samoyed dog, exploring our local area and Sydney beaches. 🐶
Like most millenials, I have an ever increasing obsession with indoor plants and need to be held back from the Bunnings plant section. 🌱