Just a person who loves learning, creating, reading, vintage inspired style, and most important of all: my two samoyed dogs!
I'm currently working as a software engineer, but I was previously a pastry chef specialising in handmade confectionery!
About my career
- 2000: Taught myself to write HTML so I could build websites about my virtual pets 🐶
- February 2018: Realised I could learn how to code for real, quit my candy making career and started a 12 week web development bootcamp at General Assembly 🍬
- June 2018: Started as a Junior Front-End Web Developer at Finder 👩🏻💻
- September 2019: Promoted to Software Engineer 🎉
- August 2020: Joined the Editor team at Atlassian 🥳
Things I’ve worked on
- Managed an end-to-end release of packages from platform into products
- Feature led the new undo/redo buttons in the Confluence editor (along with predictability improvements) from make to impact!
- Cypress tests for editor functionality to allow manual testing time to be spent on more complex scenarios
- Improvements to lists in the cloud editor
- Design Ops: as a team we refreshed the navigation, page templates, side bar and more, giving the whole site a fresh new look and improved user experience. The page templates we created and rolled out across the site reduced bounce rate by ~25%.
- Gutenberg CMS: building ‘blocks’ (components) for the new WordPress editor, using a hybrid renderer that renders Wordpress content in a Next.JS front-end.
- Engineering diversity working group.
- Finder Tech Blog.
- Web accessibility learning breaks.
- Helped propose and implement web accessibility standards.